- Hi, melters! I’m super excited to announce that for the next few months I will be participating in a blogging series all about Autumn alongside a group of lovely ladies. When Jay from The Candle Enthusiast approached me about this opportunity I was absolutely thrilled! All together there are six of us who will be sharing our love for the fall season in themed posts every Saturday morning through the month of November. Before we dive into the first post, I wanted to introduce you to the other bloggers and encourage you to check out all of their posts as well!
- Fall is such an atmospheric time of year and we all have different reasons to adore the season making this tag the perfect introduction to the series!
1. Have you ever participated in a fall blogging series? What are you most looking forward to this fall?
I do have another lifestyle blog where I’ve posted about fall-related things in the past, but never have I been part of an actual series. This fall I’m looking forward to getting married after being engaged for two years!
2. Crisp fall mornings or cozy fall nights?
That’s like asking me to choose between pumpkin spice coffee and curling up with a good book! I love both but if I HAD to pick it would be cozy fall nights.
3. When do you start decorating for fall?
I try to wait until September 1st but sometimes it’s too difficult to hold off! Like this year. My house has been decked out in autumn everything for the past week.
4. What is your favorite store to visit for fall goodies?
For decor I love visiting Hobby Lobby and for candle related items, Bath & Body Works.
5. If you had to get one fall-themed image tattooed on your body, what would it be? For extra points, where?
Believe it or not, I’m seriously considering getting a pumpkin tattoo. But it’s not as basic as you’re thinking! Being a graphic designer, I illustrated our wedding “logo” for our collateral and it’s two pumpkins connected by a heart shaped vine. This would symbolize so much more than my love for fall but I have no clue where to get it! Suggestions welcome 🙂
6. Did you trick-or-treat when you were younger? What was the last costume you wore? What’s your dream costume (whether you actually got to wear it or not)?
I loved trick-or-treatnig so much as a kid I didn’t stop until I went to college, lol! Last year was the first time I’ve dressed up since then for a party though and I actually got to wear my dream constume – Hermione Granger.
7. Favorite fall home fragrance?
Being a candle addict, I obviously can’t choose just one. My favorite apple scents are Leaves, Cider Lane, and Radiant Red Maple. My favorite pumpkin scents are Pumpkin Spiced Cheesecake and Pumpkin Pie.
8. Best body care fragrance for fall?
My all-time favorite fall body care fragrance is Cozy Sunday Morning (Soft Chamomile & Bergamot) from BBW. They’ve of course never brought it back since it’s original 2015 release but thankfully I have some sprays still in my stash. If anyone has a dupe for that PLEASE let me know!
9. Must-have nail polish/perfume/makeup for the fall?
I’m not the biggest makeup/perfume fan but I do always need to have a deep red nail polish in my collection. My current favorite is Berry Naughty from Essie!
10. Favorite fall month?
October! That’s when we finally see foliage in my area, have ideal sweater weather, and see spooky Halloween decorations everywhere.
11. What’s the weather like where you live?
In Rhode Island, it’s currently still warm out but once it cools down later in the month it’s perfection.
12. Is pumpkin spice worth the hype?
Please don’t hate me for saying this, the answer is no. While I am obsessed with pumpkin flavoring, I don’t think it should have the hype it does. Pumpkin spice coffee from Dunkin? Yes please! Pumpkin spice gum? No thanks. Pumpkin spice M&M’s? Amazing! Pumpkin spice peanut butter? Yuck.
13. Favorite Thanksgiving food?
It’s a toss up between cranberry sauce, stuffing, and pumpkin pie. Can you tell I’m hungry?
14. Briefly describe your idea of a perfect fall day.
Wake up and have an iced pumpkin spice coffee (extra sugar, extra pumpkin – I’m weird, I know). Take a trip to a local farm and go apple picking. Do some baking with said apples once we get home. Then, finish off the day by opening up the windows and lighting a candle.
Hopefully you enjoyed learning a little more about me other than my usual candle picks. Don’t forget to check out the other girl’s posts too and special thanks to Sandra for our series photo!